We're looking for a ♨️ Junior Software Developer ♨️ to join the Insurance Solutions team.
You will receive close mentorship, support, and guidance to develop your professional skills. We offer a flexible schedule, so you can combine work with studies if necessary.
Our core insurance system is the backbone of the business operations of all the largest insurance companies in the Baltics. It’s used to execute core policy management and processing including finance and customers’ claims management. The team of 50 people consists of experienced System Analysts, Software Developers, QA Engineers, and Project Managers working in Agile teams.
Tech stack: Java 11, Groovy, GWT-based framework, Web Components, OracleDB, custom framework, Bitbucket, JIRA, Bamboo, SonarQube, Docker, and Fisheye.
- Take ownership over the completion and quality of your tasks and project while incorporating guidance from your mentor and peers.
- Execute scoped technical tasks end-to-end.
- Deliver code that is well-documented, tested, and operable.
- Communicate new ideas and opinions openly as you grow both professionally and personally through learning and development opportunities.
- You have a bachelor’s degree (completed or in the process) in Computer Science, IT, or Engineering.
- You have sufficient knowledge of object-oriented programming concepts.
- You have experience with Java and are familiar with Java frameworks.
- You are familiar with relational databases and SQL.
- You are keen on learning and are capable of learning things in a short time.
- You speak and write fluent English.
- Monthly gross salary or paid internship in a range of EUR 600 – 1500 depending on skills and experience, and the form of cooperation.
- Remote work of your choice: whether to work completely remote, on-site or hybrid.
- Work-life balance and flexible work options – you are in a charge of organizing your daily schedule to fit your needs.
- Solid health and accident insurance covering dental and private health care.
- Modern office in Riga city center.
- Mobile device purchase expenses and subscription services coverage upon role necessity.
- Participation in team, department, and company celebrations, and public sporting events.
- Well-established onboarding and mentoring program, close team corporation, and friendly support.
- Flat hierarchy, job autonomy and pull principle in task selection.
- Professional development by continuously learning from experienced colleagues, being involved in interesting and challenging projects, having access to the internal library full of IT and management books, and participating in training and conferences.
We are excited to grow our business and expand our team. Apply and let's talk! 🤩
For more information visit our Career page, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn profiles, and see the team in action on YouTube.