We're looking for a Junior Software Engineer to join the Insurance Solutions team. Our core insurance system is the backbone of the business operations of all the largest insurance companies in the Baltics.
We are looking forward to welcoming a team member with high analytical capabilities to implement new insurance policies and configure business rules.
To excel at this role you should be willing to learn the insurance business specifics, our core insurance system’s functionality, and to be ready to process a large amount of information when starting the job.
- Analyze and discuss business requirements with the system analysts.
- Develop technical solutions following our guidelines and best practices (mostly in Groovy).
- Test, demonstrate and maintain implemented solutions.
- Prepare and maintain technical and client specifics documentation in internal systems and repositories (Confluence, Jira, Git).
- Give feedback to colleagues about possible technical improvements.
Your skills and experience
- Tech education/training or equivalent practical experience.
- Ability to understand, interpret and apply technical documentation for task execution.
- To be familiar with any of scripting languages, relational DB, SQL, and programming concepts (e.g. data structures, syntax, algorithms, branching, looping).
- Ability to work well in a strong team collaboration environment and also independently: efficiently organizing the working day and prioritizing the tasks.
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics.
- Openness to receiving feedback and to act on it.
- You speak and write fluent English.
Good to have, but not a requirement
- Experience in writing technical documentation.
- Knowledge of any OO programming languages (preferably Java), Groovy, Oracle DB, PL/SQL, and Jira.
- Knowledge of insurance business.
- Full-time work with a salary in a range of EUR 1500 – 2500 gross per month based on skills and experience.
- Remote work of your choice: whether to work completely remote, on-site or hybrid.
- Work-life balance and flexible work options – you are in a charge of organizing your daily schedule to fit your needs.
- Health insurance from the first day of work.
- Modern office in Riga city center.
- Mobile device purchase expenses and subscription services coverage upon role necessity.
- Participation in team and company celebrations, and public sporting events.
- Well-established onboarding program.
- Flat hierarchy and job autonomy.
- Professional development by continuously learning from experienced colleagues, being involved in interesting and challenging projects, having access to the internal library full of IT and management books, and participating in training and conferences.
We are excited to grow our business and expand our team. Apply and let's talk! 🤩 For more information visit our Career page, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn profiles, and see the team in action on YouTube.