We are looking for a
💻 Lead Systems and Network Operations Engineer 💻
to join the Proof IT team
We are Proof IT – a stable yet growing Latvian software development company with over 18 years of experience in the local and Baltics market.
With a powerful team of 100 professionals, we operate in two strategic directions. We develop and deliver large-scale custom software development projects for Latvian state institutions and we have our own core insurance system that is used by all the largest insurance companies in the Baltics for core policy, finance, accounting, and customer claims management.
Our team is united by the passion to find solutions, dig deeper and solve what others cannot. That is why we are entrusted with meaningful projects that require strong knowledge, high professionalism, and a creative approach. Because we can.
- Maintaining all the infrastructure and its software to ensure that the development teams are equipped with the best possible tools and products to deliver outstanding results for our clients. This includes:
- Software deployment, scaling, and management.
- Server management (on-site and Cloud-based).
- Network management.
- Ensuring security through access controls, backups, and firewalls.
- Maintaining systems and monitoring their performance.
- Setting up the development and testing environments together with development teams.
- Setting up accounts and workstations, and tech support (as a secondary task).
- 5+ years of experience corresponding to listed role responsibilities.
- Solid knowledge of both Linux and Windows.
- Experience with designing, documenting, and building physical infrastructure, high availability solutions.
- Expertise in various networking and hosting solutions comparing costs, risks, and benefits (VMware, vSAN, NAS, SAN).
- Solid knowledge of network operating principles, firewall, tunneling, VPNs, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, TLS/SSL, TCP, IPv4, and IPv6.
- Solid knowledge of security principles.
- Expertise in on-site and offsite backup solutions.
- Experience administering applications used by development teams, e.g. Atlassian JIRA, Confluence, Git, etc.
- Demonstrated experience deploying software that includes Web, middleware, and back-end database technologies.
- EU citizenship, fluent Latvian and English.
Considered as an Advantage
- Experience with Mikrotik products.
- Experience with container management platforms such as Kubernetes and Docker.
- Demonstrated experience with CI/CD tech and processes using Bamboo, GitLab, or Jenkins.
- Coding and scripting skills for automation tasks.
- Salary starting from EUR 3000 gross per month based on skills and experience for full-time work.
- Hybrid work organization: combine working on-site from our modern city center office and remotely.
- Well-covered health insurance from day one including dentistry, sports, psychosomatic, and out-patient rehabilitation supplementary programs, and critical illness insurance.
- Mobile device purchase expenses and call & data subscription services coverage.
- 100% coverage of sick leave A from the first day of sickness.
- The referral bonus for referring candidates who become successful new hires.
- Other benefits e.g., a vision benefits plan, financial support for significant life events, partly paid study leave, and paid participation in sports events.
- Work-life balance: flexible schedule, no overtime, flexible work arrangements.
- Professional development is supported by participating in training & conferences, access to the internal library of IT and management books, and knowledge-sharing events.
- Participation in team building and department social events, and annual company celebrations.
- Flat hierarchy, democratic work environment, and job autonomy.
- Supportive, friendly, and resourceful new-colleague onboarding process.
We are excited to grow our business and expand our team. Apply and let's talk! 🤩
For more information visit our Career page, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn profiles, and see the team in action on YouTube.