We're looking for a ♨️Mid | Senior Software Engineer (Java and Groovy) ♨️to join the Insurance Solutions team. We believe in clean code, lean thinking, and freedom of choice in task selection.
If you are passionate about developing broad-functionality and high-performance business systems by analyzing client needs and providing the best tech solutions according to the system’s capabilities, this is the right place for you!
We are developers of insurance solutions products for the business operations of all the largest insurance companies in the Baltics. Our products are used to execute core policy management and processing, including finance and customers’ claims management, enable extensive configuration options, and can carry out bespoke customization.
We are using:
- Product tech stack: Java 11 (upgrade to Java 17 in progress), Groovy (business rules), Oracle DB, Apache Solr, REST, and SOLR web services.
- Architecture principles: clean code & clean architecture, component-based (GUICE modules/dependency injection), strong component API, plugin-based approach for extensions, clean code & clean architecture, extensive test coverage (unit/integration/web services tests), continuous refactoring.
- Major tools: IntelliJ IDEA (IDE), Gradle (build), Bitbucket (git), JIRA (tasks), Bamboo (CI/CD), SonarQube (code quality), Docker (test runtime), Fisheye (source code history), Artifactory (dependency cache, components repository).
- Analyze user requirements, create technical specifications and participate in estimations.
- Write and test code using clean code and clean architecture principles, refining and rewriting it as necessary.
- Research, design, and write new functionality.
- Maintain system by monitoring and correcting software defects.
- Build and release product versions.
- Work closely with other developers and systems analysts in a cross-functional and self-organized team.
- Investigate new technologies and share your suggestions for improvements.
- Take part in peer code review.
- 3+ years of demonstrated history of working with business management software.
- Strong knowledge of Java 8+ or Groovy, relational DB, SQL, REST and SOLR web services, unit and integration test writing.
- It’s a plus if you already are familiar with the rest of the product tech stack or are willing to learn.
- You value and follow clean code and clean architecture principles.
- You already have finance and/ or insurance business knowledge or are open to learning its specifics.
- You delve into the business challenge to come up with the best possible tech solution benefiting both client and product.
- You prefer Agile development and work within a remote self-organizing team environment, where open communication and self-management are essential skills.
- You have EU citizenship and are fluent in English.
- Salary from EUR 3500 gross per month based on skills and experience for full-time work.
- Health insurance from day one (including dentistry, psychosomatic, and outpatient rehabilitation supplementary programs).
- Work completely remotely, on-site from our modern city center office, or hybrid.
- Work-life balance: flexible schedule, no overtime, and flexible work arrangements.
- You are free to work from abroad for up to 6 months per year (within the EU/EEA).
- Mobile device purchase expenses and call & data subscription services coverage.
- Professional development is supported by participating in training & conferences, access to the internal library of IT and management books, and knowledge-sharing events.
- Participation in team-building activities and annual company celebrations.
- The referral bonus for referring candidates who become successful new hires.
- Other benefits e.g., a vision benefits plan, financial support for significant life events, partly paid study leave, and paid participation in sports events.
- Flat hierarchy, international team, democratic work environment, and job autonomy.
- Supportive, friendly, and resourceful new-colleague onboarding process.
We are excited to grow our business and expand our team. Apply and let's talk! 🤩
For more information visit our Career page, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn profiles, and see the team in action on YouTube.