We're looking for a
Mid - Senior Software Engineer (Java | Groovy)
to join the Insurance Solutions team
If you are driven by developing broad-functionality high-performance business systems applying your tech competencies and analytical skills, this is the right place for you!
We believe in clean code, lean thinking, and self-managed teams where cooperation, ownership, and responsibility come hand in hand.
We are a software engineering company building, implementing, and maintaining state-of-the-art core software and creating viable tech solutions for the insurance industry for over 15 years. For more details, please visit the Insurance Management Solution product page.
- Product tech stack: Java 17, Groovy (business rules), Vaadin, Oracle DB, PostgreSQL, Apache Solr, REST and SOAP web services.
- Architecture principles: clean code & clean architecture, component-based (GUICE modules/dependency injection), strong component API, plugin-based approach for extensions, extensive test coverage (unit/integration/web services tests), continuous refactoring.
- Major tools: IntelliJ IDEA (IDE), Gradle (build), Bitbucket (git), JIRA (tasks), Bamboo (CI/CD), SonarQube (code quality), Docker (test runtime), Fisheye (source code history), Artifactory (dependency cache, components repository).
- Development through the entire SDLC: planning, creating, testing, and delivery.
- Development of new features, correction of defects, implementation of new insurance policies and clients.
- Assessment of project time estimates – participating in guestimates, and providing well-considered final estimates by using experience, product knowledge, and time estimation techniques.
- Precise analysis of client needs and creation of well-considered technical descriptions for delivering cost-efficient and quality solutions.
- Provide precise information and data on project development (Jira tickets and status, time logging, etc.). Keep up to date product documentation (Confluence).
- Write, test, and refactor code, provide system configurations, build and release product versions.
- Participate in peer code reviews and share possible improvements on both tech and processes.
- Work closely with your teammates: other engineers and systems analysts in your immediate team and across the whole product team, as well as face clients whenever necessary to be sure of requirements and expected results.
- At least 4 years of hands-on back-end business systems development using:
- Java and/or Groovy,
- Web services,
- Unit and integration testing.
- You are familiar with the majority of the solution stack and are open to learning what would be new.
- You delve into the business challenge to come up with the best possible tech solution benefiting both client and product.
- You prefer to work within a remote self-organizing team environment, where open communication and self-management are essential skills.
- You have EU citizenship and are fluent in English.
- Salary from EUR 4200 gross per month based on skills and experience for full-time work.
- Work completely remotely, on-site from your preferred co-working space, or hybrid.
- Well-covered health insurance from day one including dentistry, sports, psychosomatic, outpatient rehabilitation supplementary programs, and critical illness insurance.
- Mobile device purchase expenses and call & data subscription services coverage.
- Coverage of sick leave at a rate of 100% (days of illness that are paid by an employer).
- The referral bonus for referring candidates who become successful new hires.
- Other benefits e.g., a vision benefits plan, financial support for significant life events, partly paid study leave, and paid participation in sports events.
- Work-life balance: flexible schedule, no overtime, and flexible work arrangements.
- You are free to work from abroad for up to 6 months per year (within the EU/EEA).
- Professional development is supported by participating in training & conferences, access to the internal library of IT and management books, and knowledge-sharing events.
- Participation in team building and department social events, and annual company celebrations.
- Flat hierarchy, international team located in Latvia, Lithuania and Poland, democratic work environment, and job autonomy.
- Supportive, friendly, and resourceful new-colleague onboarding process.
We are excited to expand our team. Apply and let's talk! 🤩
For more information visit our home page, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn profiles, and see the team in action on YouTube.