We're looking for a ♨️ Middle | Senior Java Developer ♨️ to join the Insurance Solutions team. We believe in clean code, lean thinking, and freedom of choice in task selection.
Insurance Solutions - our core insurance system is the backbone of the business operations of all the largest insurance companies in the Baltics. It’s used to execute core policy management and processing including finance and customers’ claims management. Our software offers extensive configuration options and can carry out bespoke customization.
Tech stack: Java 11 (upgrade to Java 17 in progress), Groovy (business rules), Oracle DB + Apache Solr, REST and SOLR webservices.
Architecture principles: Component based (GUICE modules/dependency injection), strong component API, plugin based approach for extensions, clean code & clean architecture, extensive test coverage (unit/integration/webservices tests), continuous refactoring.
Major tools: IntelliJ IDEA (IDE), Gradle (build), Bitbucket (git), JIRA (tasks), Bamboo (CI/CD), SonarQube (code quality), Docker (test runtime), Fisheye (source code history), Artifactory (dependency cache, components repository).
- Work on important business systems and projects using and advancing our tech stack.
- To be a part of full SDLC by being involved in analyzing client needs and proposing, designing and implementing solutions.
- Deliver code that is well-documented, tested, and operable.
- Work in cross functional and self-organized team.
- Take part in peer code review and R&D sessions.
- Share your suggestions to improve tech, processes, and overall project development.
- Strong knowledge of Java.
- You are familiar with our tech stack or willing to learn it.
- You can write clean code and maintain a clean architecture.
- You prefer to work in Agile development and a self-organizing team environment.
- You are fluent in English.
- Salary in a range of EUR 3200 – 5700 gross per month based on skills and experience for full-time work.
- Health insurance from day one (including dentistry, psychosomatic, and out-patient rehabilitation supplementary programs).
- Work completely remote, on-site from our well-located and modern office, or hybrid.
- Work-life balance: flexible schedule, no overtime, flexible work arrangements - opportunity to discuss reduced hours (30h to 40h work week), compressed workweek and other options.
- You are free to work from abroad for up to 6 months per year (within EU/EEA).
- Professional development supported by participating in training & conferences, access to the internal library of IT and management books, and knowledge-sharing events.
- Participation in team buildings and annual company celebrations, and paid participation in sports events.
- Mobile device purchase expenses and call & data subscription services coverage.
- The referral bonus for referring candidates who become successful new hires.
- Other benefits e.g., vision benefits plan, financial support for significant life events, partly paid study leave.
- Flat hierarchy and job autonomy.
- Efficient and flexible onboarding and mentoring process.
We are excited to grow our business and expand our team. Apply and let's talk! 🤩 For more information visit our Career page, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn profiles, and see the team in action on YouTube.