We are seeking a technically skilled, communicative, and logical
⚙️ Senior Business Systems Analyst ⚙️
to join the Insurance Solutions team
As a part of our team, you will have ownership of managing end-to-end technical solution projects through requirements gathering, designing, development, and testing by fulfilling our client's business needs and benefiting the overall development of our product - PINS.
We are developers of Insurance Solutions products for the business operations of all the largest insurance companies in the Baltics. Our products are used to execute core policy management and processing including finance and customers’ claims management, enable extensive configuration options and can carry out bespoke customization.
We are using:
- Product tech stack: Java, Groovy (business rules), Oracle DB, Apache Solr.
- Architecture principles: clean code & clean architecture, component-based/ component API, plugin-based approach for extensions, web services, continuous refactoring.
- Major tools: IntelliJ IDEA (IDE), Gradle (build), Bitbucket (git), JIRA (tasks), Bamboo (CI/CD), SonarQube (code quality), Docker (test runtime), Fisheye (source code history), Artifactory (dependency cache, components repository).
- Effectively manage the requirements gathering process and stakeholders' expectations.
- Provide initial solution analysis and project time estimations until the agreement.
- Create business scenarios, acceptance criteria, and conceptual solutions designs.
- Create epics and stories via the Confluence/Jira following Agile methodology.
- Verify and test developed tasks, and present them to a client.
- Perform product configurations, delivery of product versions, and hotfixes.
- To take ownership of project completion: planning, task execution, closely collaborating and supporting colleagues and clients, ensuring all stakeholders with regular and effective communication on activities, progress, challenges, and results.
- 5+ years of experience as a Business Systems Analyst, Systems Analyst, or Developer-Analyst in developing enterprise software business applications.
- A degree in IT field.
- Strong business and software requirement-gathering skills.
- Strong communication skills: the capability to write clear and structured functional and technical documents, and effective verbal communication and presenting skills.
- Strong technical skills, such as the ability to interpret software code, SQL scripting, data modeling, and creating business process and data flow diagrams.
- Understanding of Agile project management concepts and procedures.
- Critical thinking and strong problem-solving capacity.
- Tech experience and knowledge of Confluence, JIRA, Git, SQL, Excel, relational DB, and object-oriented programming.
- Insurance, finance or accounting domain knowledge is strongly preferred.
- You have EU citizenship and are fluent in English.
- Salary from EUR 3500 gross per month based on skills and experience for full-time work.
- Work completely remotely, on-site from our modern city center office, or hybrid.
- Well-covered health insurance from day one including dentistry, sports, psychosomatic, and out-patient rehabilitation supplementary programs, and critical illness insurance.
- Mobile device purchase expenses and call & data subscription services coverage.
- 100% coverage of sick leave A from the first day of sickness.
- The referral bonus for referring candidates who become successful new hires.
- Other benefits e.g., a vision benefits plan, financial support for significant life events, partly paid study leave, and paid participation in sports events.
- Work-life balance: flexible schedule, no overtime, and flexible work arrangements.
- You are free to work from abroad for up to 6 months per year (within the EU/EEA).
- Professional development is supported by participating in training & conferences, access to the internal library of IT and management books, and knowledge-sharing events.
- Participation in team building and department social events, and annual company celebrations.
- Flat hierarchy, international team, democratic work environment, and job autonomy.
- Supportive, friendly, and resourceful new-colleague onboarding process.
We are excited to grow our business and expand our team. Apply and let's talk! 🤩
For more information visit our Career page, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn profiles, and see the team in action on YouTube.