We're looking for a ♨️ Senior Software Engineer (Java or switch to Java) ♨️ to join Proof IT team! Since we have two separate business lines, it's up to you to choose which operations are closer to your interests and experience: to work on our own insurance system development or custom software development.
1) Our core insurance system is the backbone of the business operations of all the largest insurance companies in the Baltics, and our solution is used every day by thousands of insurance customers. It’s used to execute core policy management and processing including finance and customers’ claims management. Tech stack: Java, Groovy, GWT-based framework, Web Components, OracleDB, custom framework, Bitbucket, JIRA, Bamboo, SonarQube, Docker, and Fisheye.
- Work on full-cycle development using and advancing our tech stack.
- Job profile: 60% new features development, 20% maintenance & bug fixing, 10% client support (only during regular working hours), and 10% meetings.
- Produce high-quality code by following clean code principles.
- Participate in analyzing client needs, propose and design solutions.
- Work closely with Project Managers, System Analysts, Developers, QA, and a client.
- Participate in peer code review, pair programming, and R&D sessions.
- Strong knowledge in Java or any other object-oriented language, if you are willing to switch to Java.
- Proven track record of full-stack development.
- Effective communication and team collaboration skills.
- A logical, analytical and creative approach to problems.
- Ability to work in an Agile development environment.
- Language requirements: to join the Insurance Solutions team you should be proficient in English, to work with the Custom Solutions team, you should have fluent Latvian and good English language knowledge.
- Monthly gross salary range EUR 2800 – 5000 depending on skills and experience.
- Remote work of your choice: whether to work completely remote, on-site or hybrid.
- Work-life balance and flexible work options – you are in a charge of organizing your daily schedule to fit your needs.
- Private health care and accident insurance.
- Modern office in Riga city center.
- Mobile device purchase expenses and subscription services coverage upon role necessity.
- Participation in team, department, and company celebrations, and public sporting events.
- Well-established onboarding and mentoring program, close team corporation, and friendly support.
- Flat hierarchy and job autonomy.
- Professional development by continuously learning from experienced colleagues, being involved in interesting and challenging projects, having access to the internal library full of IT and management books, and participating in training and conferences.
We are excited to grow our business and expand our team. Apply and let's talk! 🤩
For more information visit our Career page, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn profiles, and see the team in action on YouTube.